Monday, December 17, 2012

Connell Christmas Party and More

The Connells had a fun Christmas party at their house over the weekend (Thanks for inviting us!). Santa even came! Most of the kids were really to be Santa. Noah was even caught up in the excitement jumping up and down for the jolly man. Joshua on the other hand was hiding behind me hugging my leg. After watching the other kids sit in Santa's lap and some coaching he was excited to talk to Santa - but only if he could go before Noah. Actually while we were waiting our turn, Noah was so excited that every time a child left his lap, Noah would say "My turn, my turn" and run towards him. Also whenever Santa asked a boy/ girl if they'd been good, Noah would answer "I been good! Hey Santa! I've been good!" When Santa called on Joshua, here's how their little talk went:
Santa: And what would you like for Chrsitmas, Joshua?
Joshua: Star Wars Legos
Santa: Oh, Legos are fun.
Joshua: Not Legos. Star Wars Legos - it's different.

Waiting to talk with Santa
I forgot to mention it but one of the perks of going on the Polar Express at the start of the month was that our Elf on a Shelf, Zoopy, hitched a ride back from the North Pole on the train. The boys have had so much fun waking up to find Zoopy and see what kind of mischief he's gotten into. Noah's favorite Zoopy mischief has been the time he took a bubble bath in marshmallows. Joshua's favorite Zoopy appearance has been when he woke up to find Zoopy and Mr. Penguin playing chess, or "chest" as Joshua likes to call it. He's been asking Daddy to teach him to play "chest" ever since then.

Let me share a Noah story. His favorite stall tactic these days is to repeatedly say "I have a question." When I finally say "What Noah? What is your question?" he'll giggle and say, "Um, I don't know. Do you have a question?" Grumble, grumble. :)

In my last post I talked about Joshua's art work. This past week or so he has diverted his focus to drawing Star Wars characters and Superheroes. He made me smile when he showed me a picture of two superheroes he had made up: Whatever Man who can be whatever you want him to be and Toot Man who can make the bad guys fall down if he toots on them.


One last Christmas story, we have a couple decorative nutcrackers in the kitchen which Joshua keeps calling cracker-nuts!This has definitely made mommy and daddy laugh.
Noah and our Christmas Ham

No comments: