Friday, July 20, 2012

Growing Up


This past week has been a week of growing up for the boys. First I was playing the "kisses" game with Noah where I ask "Do you need more kisses?" and he laughs while I plant kisses all over face. Anyway I was kissing on Noah and asking him if he wanted more kisses and he answered "No ma'am" and waved his mommy off. While I appreciate his manners little boys should never say no when their mommies ask them if they want more kisses!

Joshua is truly Mr. Independent. He likes to do everything by himself especially pick out his clothes. Whenever his lack of style starts grating on my nerves I think about all the childhood photos of me where I dressed myself and two things came to mind: 1. This is hereditary. and 2. One day he'll outgrow it and dress like a "normal" person.

Noah was moved to the 2 year old class this week. I can't believe my baby is getting so big! We'll really miss his teacher Miss Cheryl. And Noah is so excited to be with the "big" kids. Of course some of his friends are moving up with him, most notably his friend Kyleigh. Whenever we smell a dirty diaper I'll say "Noah, do you need a diaper?" And he always answers "No. Kyleigh poo-poo'd." It's so cute the way he says it.


Lastly we had fun going to a Pensacola Blue Wahoos baseball game. At the end of the game there was a fireworks show. Normally this would be a good thing but given the sea breeze, all the soot and some embers from the fireworks fell on the crowds. At one point Joshua was saying "My eyes! My eyes! I can't see." He still had a good time. We all did.

No comments: