Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pirate Party

Some friends of ours from church had a pirate themed birthday party for their kids at the beach. We had so much fun dressing up as pirates and saying "Arrgh mateys!" Happy Birthday Jaydon and Kadon! On the way home Joshua said something that surprised me. He said "Mommy, I want a Spiderman birthday, then a pirate birthday party at the beach, and then a class party at school. Wait last year I had 3 parties when I turned 3 years old and this year I'm turning 4. Does that mean I get 4 parties!?!" I'm surprised at what he remembers, but I told him we'd keep it to 3 parties (friends, family, & school). Noah had fun at the party as long as he didn't have to wear his pirate hat. He did agree to wear his white sunhat which I thought made him look like a delightful first mate. Joshua loved being the captain - he gets that from his mommy!

I got a surprise from Noah today. Apparently he decided to stuff a chocolate graham cracker in his shoe and then wear it all day. You can imagine what semi melted chocolate graham cracker looks like on a white sock so let me say never have I been so relieved to find graham cracker inside a shoe!
Lastly here is a picture of Joshua watching all the other buccaneers dig for buried treasure. He preferred to watch them work, then share in the rewards. It was funny that someone moved the "X" for the X marks the spot so the kids dug and dug and dug before the party planner said "Hmm, let's try digging over here. We've never lost the treasure before..."

No comments: